Thursday, March 25, 2010

Music Streaming

I tried Last.fm for several types of music, from baroque / classical guitar to classic rock to French. The suggestions were interesting: Claudine Longet referred me to Bridgette Bardot (I did not know she had recorded a bossa nova song).

It is likely that many people use sites of this type to sample music, and to locate songs and artists that are difficult to locate. Those who have favorites are more likely to buy a CD (or iTunes) copy. It may have some impact on the checkouts of music CDs. However, not everyone will want to be tied to the computer when listening to music.

Personally, I listen to music either live or in my car, not at my computer. So I will probably not be a heavy user. The world is a noisy place, and I rarely think more sound is desirable.

To revisit a prior "thing", here is an interesting link to an article about using social networking in your personal finances:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/social-media-sites-can-save-you-money-2010-03-25
Prior to 23 Things, I probably would not have read this. So thanks for broadening my horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment